Adding pages to your blog can be a great way to organize content - like ‘About me’ or ‘Advertise’ sections. To make managing pages easier, we redesigned the ‘Pages’ tab in the Blogger dashboard to make it look and feel more like something you’re already familiar with: managing posts.
The new look for the pages list on each blog
With the new design, you can:
- View important details about your pages like view count and comments
- Manage multiple pages at once with new selection tools
- Easily see whether pages are in draft, imported, or published states
The new look for the summary of pages on each blog
Linking to your Pages
Managing the Pages Widgets for your blog is now done through the Layout UI. Multiple Pages Widgets can be added, if you want different pages linked to from different areas of the layout.
The 'Pages' widget as it appears in the list, after clicking 'Add a Gadget'
- For a Horizontal list, add a Pages Widget under the Header (e.g. "Navigation Pages" below)
- For a Vertical list, add a Pages Widget to a side column (e.g. "External Pages" below)
A layout with two Pages widgets, titled 'Navigation Pages' (horizontal) and 'External Pages' (vertical)
Adding external links
To add a link to a URL which is not one of your pages, when editing or adding the Pages Widget, click '+ Add external link' at the top of the 'Pages to Show' list.
Dialog for Pages widget configuration
This will show a dialog where you can set the title and URL to add to the list.
Dialog for adding external links to the Pages widgets