Benefits Of Banana
Banana is amongst the most versatile and most widely eaten fruits in the world today. It is very good for health, is easily digestible and packs a lot of energy within itself, in the form of natural sugars. It is one of the most popular snacks, especially those had after a workout. The reason is that it is quite filling, gets quickly released into the bloodstream, in the form of energy, and does not contain fats. The nutrients present in bananas help a person in fighting a number of ailments and keep him in good health. Read on further to get a complete idea about the nutritional value of banana and the nutrition benefits of eating the fruit.
Nutritional Value of Banana
Banana has been known to comprise of the following nutrients:
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin B, especially Folate
• Some amount of Iron, Zinc and Folic Acid
• Calories (per 100 g) - 90 to 93
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Bananas
• The fiber content present in banana helps in lowering cholesterol level in the body.
• Banana helps in soothing an upset stomach and is also beneficial for those suffering from diarrhea.
• Bananas have been found to provide immediate relief to those having a hangover.
• Bananas is said to help in alleviation of problems associated with premenstrual symptoms.
• A milkshake of fresh bananas, non-fat frozen yogurt and honey is said to ease headache and hydrate the body.
• The vitamins and minerals present in a banana make it a good post-exercise snack.
• The potassium content in banana regulates blood chemistry (particularly Ph) and prevents it from becoming too acidic.
• The magnesium content of a banana helps a person in recovering from fatigue.
• Bananas have also been associated with brain stimulation.
Banana has been found to have positive effects in relation to the following ailments:
• Blood Pressure
• Bowel Problems
• Heart Problems
• Morning Sickness
• Nervous Disorders