Diet For Good Skin
There is no substitute for clear and glowing skin. No matter how much make up you put on, a woman with clear skin will always score above you on looks. Another statement that holds as much truth is that there are no shortcuts to having a good skin. You have to make lots of efforts and be very much patient in order to get that perfect skin. Exercise is one of the best ways to get a better skin, as the sweat resulting from it helps flush away the toxins, giving a glow to the skin. Apart from that, a proper diet also goes a long way in making your skin clean and clear. In the following lines, we have provided information on the diet for getting that perfect skin.
Recommended Diet for Better Skin
• Try to stick to organic foods. The pesticides and chemicals present in normal foods are harmful for the skin.
• Drink atleast six glasses of water in a day.
• Include fruits and vegetables in your diet and make sure to have atleast five servings. The more colorful the fruits and vegetables, the better.
• Have a tablespoon of fresh seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds or ground hemp/linseed every day.
• Eat food items that are rich in protein, like soya, egg white, beans, lentils and sprouted seeds.
• Food items like whole grains, apples, bananas and grapefruits, which are rich in fiber, are very good for the skin.
• Avoid, or atleast limit, your intake of alcohol, grain foods and tea/coffee.
• Instead of having red meat, have fish, organic chicken, etc. Even if you want to have red meat, have it no more than three times a week.
• Avoid food products that have too much sugar, refined carbohydrates, oil, processed fats and preservatives.
• Do not smoke. Nicotine is very bad for skin.
• Herbal tea, fruit tea, lime water, fresh juice and plain yoghurt are very good for skin. Try to have these food items as much as possible.
• Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish oil and linseed, are very good for skin. Having fish, fish oil or linseed will help you get that perfect skin.
• Make sure to include in your diet food items that are rich in Vitamin A. Some of Vitamin A-rich foods are carrot, spinach, sweet potatoes, etc.
• Vitamin E is also considered very beneficial for skin. You will find it mainly in nuts like hazelnuts and almonds.