How to Get Rid Of a Boil
A boil can be described as a painful, red-color swelling, which is full of puss on the inside. It can occur anywhere in the body, though the most vulnerable areas are face, neck, waist and thighs. A boil may appear in isolation or in a group. There might be a number of boils at a particular time or they might erupt singularly, but regularly, one after the other. The main reason for the appearance of boils comprises of staphylococcus germs, which enter the body through sweat glands and hair follicles. If you want to know how to get rid of a boil, this article is just perfect for you. Read further and explore the various home remedies for treating boils.
Natural Treatments for a Boil
• Apply the juice of garlic or onion on the boil, externally. It will help ripen the boil, break it down and finally, evacuate the pus.
• Boil ½ cup water and add cornmeal, so as to form a thick paste. Apply the paste, as a poultice, to the boil. Repeat every 1-2 hours.
• Eating two to three pods of garlic, along with meals, has been seen to be helpful in getting rid of boils.
• Ground cumin seeds, along with water, to form a paste. Apply it on the boils, externally.
• Keep tomato slices over the boils. The juice of tomato has been fount to be effective in treating boils.
• Mix Vicks and sugar together. Apply the mixture on the boil and cover it with a band aid.
• Put ½ tsp ground nutmeg into 1 cup of hot water. Drink the decoction on a daily basis.
• Boil an egg and after peeling it, remove the egg white. Whet it smoothly and apply on the boils.
• Put 15 gm of margosa leaves in 500 ml of water and boil it, till the water gets reduced by one-third. Drink the decoction daily.
• Roast a few dry roots of turmeric. Dissolve the ashes in 1 cup water and apply on the boils.
• Soak parsley in boiled water, till the time it gets soft and juicy. When it is comfortably hot, wrap in a clean muslin or linen cloth and apply to the boils, as a poultice.
• Take 1 cup fresh bitter gourd juice and add 1 tsp lime juice. Drink it, sip by sip, on an empty stomach.
• Warm a betel leaf gently, till it becomes soft. Coat it with a layer of castor oil and spread over the inflamed area. Replace after every few hours.
• Eat a balanced diet and indulge in regular exercise. At the same time, keep your body clean and use an herbal soap for bathing.