How To Whiten Teeth
Teeth whitening can be explained as the process through which we whiten our teeth, which have become yellowish with time. Age, apart from excessive consumption of tea, coffee, aerated drinks, chocolates, toffees, soda, and the like, is amongst the major reasons of the teeth turning yellow. Add to this, the habit of smoking, drinking and avoiding proper oral hygiene and care and the result is not only yellow teeth, but also tooth decay and other dental problems. Through this article, we intend to tell you how to whiten teeth, naturally and at home.
Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
Given below are some of the best, natural ways to whiten teeth.
• Clean your teeth thoroughly with toothpaste. Shake the toothbrush to almost dry and dip it in the baking soda. Brush your teeth with the soda, making sure to rub all the sides.
• Rub the bark of walnut tree on your teeth. It will help clean the teeth as well as whiten them.
• Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and salt. With the help of a finger or brush, rub it over your teeth.
• Use soda bicarbonate on your teeth, atleast five minutes before brushing them with toothpaste.
• Cut a strawberry into half and rub its inner part over you teeth as well as your gums.
• Orange peel has also been associated with healthy teeth. Rubbing it on the teeth will help in whitening them.
• Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, to form a paste. Brush your teeth daily, atleast two times, with this paste.
• Rubbing hard wood ash, containing potassium hydroxide, on teeth has been found to help in whitening them.
• Mix 1 tsp baking soda, pinch of salt and a few drops of white vinegar. Rub it on your teeth, with the help of a finger or brush.
• Try to avoid excessively hot and excessively cold drinks and foods, as much as possible.
• Stop, or atleast limit, your intake of coffee, tobacco, red wine, carbonated drinks, tea, etc.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It helps ensures regular rinsing of the teeth.
• Try to brush and floss after each and every meal.