Vitamin C Benefits
Each one of us knows that Vitamin C is good for health but do we actually know ‘how beneficial it is.’ To get acquainted with so-called ‘cure-all’ vitamin, firstly understand ‘what is the genre of Vitamin C.’ Categorized under water-soluble vitamins, it is accountable for many body functions, and is an essential part of diet. Every person must take at least 90mg of Vitamin C in his/her daily diet. Citrus fruits and vegetables, like orange, grapes, tangerines, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, and even potatoes, are good sources of Vitamin C. It protects our body from several diseases and has been proved to enhance the immune system. Given below are the benefits of Vitamin C.
• It keeps a check on the presence of cholesterol in the body. Thus, it actually helps to prevent gall bladder disease and even heart problems.
• Recommended intake of Vitamin C helps in maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
• It facilitates collagen repair and formation. So, it also helps you to look younger.
• It aids the function of body’s immune system. Hence, ingesting more of this vitamin in winters protects from problems, like cold & cough. It also aids in healing from scrapes and bruises.
• Being an anti-oxidant, Vitamin C also protects the body from free radicals that could cause heart disease and cancer.
• It also helps to maintain healthy gums. People, who lack Vitamin C, frequently develop black and swollen gums, called scurvy.
• Over consumption of Vitamin C is not exactly harmful because being a water-soluble vitamin, extra amount gets excreted in urine. However, too much consumption can lead to problems of stones in later stages.