Hair Split Ends
Most of us wish to have thick, shiny and bouncing hair. Sometimes, people even get obsessed with the desire of having healthy hair. With really busy schedules and effluence, it is actually difficult to maintain and keep your hair intact and the result is hair split ends. Your hair is always at risk of split ends, owing to one or more reasons. It doesn’t only make your hair look awful, but also risks your hair of getting completely forayed. Check out the causes and natural home remedy to avoid hair split ends.
Causes of Hair Split Ends
Hair split ends, Trichoptlosis in scientific terms, occur when the defensive cuticle of hairgets stripped away from the hair fibers’ ends.This usually happens when the likely oils from the scalp fail to arrive at the ends, or when cortex loses moisture and the hair starts to disentangle, resembling a rope. Besides this, the additional reasons for hair split ends could be:
• Dry scalp
• Exposure to sunlight
• Excessive temperature
• Using too many chemical products like relaxers, dyes and hair color.
• Not taking healthy diet or lack of nourishment
• Forceful brushing and backcombing.
• Use of metallic combs and brushes
• Combing wet hair
• Using uncovered elastic bands on the hair
• Using satin pillows
• Frequent use of appliances like iron or hair blow dryers
Home Remedies to Avoid Hair Split Ends
Hair split ends can be avoidedby taking extra care of your hair.Here are given some easy tips to avoidsplit ends.
• Take 1 egg yolk and a teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it on the scalp and hair. After half an hour, wash your hair.
• Put a mask of mashed avocado or mayonnaise on wet hair. Allow it to stay for at least 15-30 minutes and wash it afterwards.
• After each workout or demanding exercise, wash your hair. This is because salt developed through perspiration erodes the hair.
• Use regular conditioner after every hair bathe and deep conditioner, once a month.
• Take one teaspoon each of castor oil, mustard oil and olive oil. Mix them well and apply it on the scalp to the complete length of hair. For 30 minutes, massage the scalp and then, wrap the head with a hot towel. Thereafter, wash your hair and let them dry naturally.
• Make a habit to trim your hair regularly. After every six weeks, you can trim your hair to avoid split ends. Infact, it is the only cure once you have got your hair split.