How To Cure Dandruff
Dandruff is a common hair problem and most of us get worried at its very sight. It not only looks bad, but also doesn’t let nutrients, like oil and sunlight, get into the scalp. Before proceeding to its remedy, let’s understand what dandruff is. To start with, dandruff is the excessive flaking of dead skin cells. Like rest of our skin, our scalp too, sheds dead skin cells during the renewal process of cells. The appearance of dandruff doesn’t mean that person is taking bad care of hair.
In fact, it can happen to anyone, at any age, even if you wash your hair daily. There are many anti-dandruff products, such as, shampoos, creams, oils, etc, in the markets that promise to do away with the problem. Being infused with chemicals, these products may cause harm rather than any help. The good news is that dandruff can be eradicated with the help of natural and simple home treatments too. Read further to know about how to cure dandruff.
Natural Cure for Dandruff
• For this remedy, all you need is curd (2 tbsp), honey (1 tsp) and lemon juice (1 tbsp). Mix the things in a bowl and apply it to your scalp for about 30 minutes before taking head bath. You can repeat this remedy for some weeks and find your dandruff completely gone.
• Hot oil therapy is another effective way to cure dandruff. Give your scalp a hot oil massage before going to bed and the next morning; apply a mixture of lemon juice and cosmetic vinegar (1:2) over the scalp, an hour before bath. Wash your hair with egg shampoo.
• Bestow a hot steam bath to your hair. To do this, give your scalp a hot oil massage and then cover your head with a hot damp towel. This will help steam to fight dandruff.
• Boil five teaspoons of dried, used tealeaves in limewater. Wash your hair religiously and afterwards, use this mixture for the last rinse. This will not only add shine, but also provide nourishment to your hair, besides creating factors of anti-dandruff formation.
• Rather than shampooing, massage your scalp with baking soda. It will help to absorb excess oil from the scalp, and loosen the dead skin. Without using any shampoo, rinse your hair thoroughly. In the beginning, hair may seem dry but after some weeks, dandruff will go off and hair will become shiny and silky.