Natural Ways To Cure A Headache
The hectic, busy and chaotic life of today has given rise to many health problems, ranging form minor ailments like body ache to major problems like heart attack. The most probable and the most common result of stress and lack of sleep is headache. Majority of the working people suffer from headaches every now and then. The easiest solution for them is popping pain killers. However, pain killers are not good for the body and should be avoided as much as possible. How to do this? Simply by resorting to some natural treatments! In the following lines, we have listed some natural ways to cure a headache.
Natural Headache Treatments
• Try breathing exercises. Sit with your legs crossed and take a deep breath, letting your lungs fill with clean air. Do this atleast 10 times. Now, close your right nostril with your right index finger. Take a deep breath through the left nostril, wait for 1-2 seconds, release your right nostril and exhale the air from it. Repeat with the left nostril closed.
• Massage your eyes with the three middle fingers, keeping the balls of the fingers on the eyebrows. With the help of the fingertips, make gentle circular motions over the eyeballs.
• Gently massage your temples with the help of your fingertips. If possible, ask someone to massage the nape of your neck, the shoulders and neck muscles.
• Headaches are mainly the result of stress. Try to relax your mind by indulging in meditation or taking a peaceful nap.
• Take a warm, luxurious bath. It helps in easing the muscles and also makes you feel very relaxed.
• Lie down on the bed and close your eyes. Now put cool cucumber slices over the eyes and keep lying. It will help you relax.
• You can also keep cotton dipped in cold water on your forehead. This brings relief from headache caused by excessive sun exposure or heat. However, make sure that the water is not too chilly.
• Chill curd/yoghurt in the fridge and apply a thick coat of it on your forehead and the area around your eyes. Headaches, caused due to heat, become better with this.
• Listen to soft, soothing music on the stereo. Do not put on headphones, as they might increase the intensity of the headache.
• Dehydration is one of the major causes of headaches. So, try drinking lots of water and make sure that you do not sweat too much.
• Never ever keep a long gap between two meals. If it has been a long time since you had your last meal, eat something. The headache might be the result of hunger.
• In summers, try having something like fresh lime, to get rid of headaches.