Natural Cures For Depression
Often, doctors prescribe anti-depressants or steroids to people who suffer from depression and anxiety. Though these drugs may alleviate some symptoms of the problem, they are not really capable of inducing a positive thinking pattern or making a person feel light and happy. Depression may be defined as a psychological disorder in which the symptoms may range from inability to concentrate, sleeplessness, loss of appetite, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness & hopelessness and thoughts of death or suicidal tendencies.
Many of us may feel low at certain points in our life, but when it becomes too persistent, it requires medical attention. Often, people avoid seeking professional help since seeking professional help for a mental disorder is generally considered a taboo. They look out for natural cures or remedies that may help cure depression. Though there are some effective natural cures that help combat temporary anxiety and depression, your efforts is the main ingredient. Natural cures may not really help those with chronic depression though they may be helpful with other medications.
Natural Remedy for Depression
• Change your lifestyle. The only thing that can get you out of this situation is a big change. Even if you can’t change your lifestyle, there are certain things you can alter that will make you feel cheerful and confident about yourself. Get a new hairstyle, or make-over or change your wardrobe. Don’t surround yourself with the old things that may remind you of the situation and instead perk up your room or house with bright colored cushions, pillows, curtains and flowers.
• Depression or anxiety may also be cured by taking natural medicines, directly from nature. They have literally no side-effects and are quite effective. It is recommended that you get the medicines from a reputed professional as not many people have the complete knowledge of natural medications.
• Yoga is considered to have immense benefits for combating depression, anxiety and lighten up the senses and the brain. It is natural and very effective in infusing a sense of well-being and overall good health in a person. You may consult your general physician in order to know which health center gives a thorough training in yoga and avail the benefits first hand.
• Your diet needs to be altered to a great extent to make sure the right kind of neurotransmitters are secreted in order for the brain to transmit positive signals for the well-being of the body. Eat bright colored fruits and fresh vegetables. Take a balanced and nutritious diet and ensure that your carbohydrate intake is good. In case you are in doubt, a good dietician should be able to help you with your diet plan.
• Meditation is yet another effective natural cure for depression. The mind wanders in all directions and we tend to think negative, which affects your physiological health adversely. The only way to stop this is by taming the mind. You need to control your thoughts and concentrate one thing, like breathing or a serene picture in your mind. Sit in a relaxed position and close your eyes. Make sure there are no external disturbances. Try to take one thought at a time and eliminate it from the mind. It may seem quite tough in the beginning but you will get used to it with practice.