How To Grow Taller
There is no one on this earth who doesn’t want a good height. Infact, having a good height is considered as an essential feature of an attractive and impressive personality. Usually, people have been seen to inherit their height from parents or close relatives. Scientifically speaking, growth hormone (Somatrotropic hormone), released by the anterior pituitary gland (in the brain) is accountable for the height of an individual. If it’s inactive, your height will be very short. On the other hand, its over-activity can result in an excessive height. There is no remedy of excessive height. However, short height can be increased by an individual, to some an extent. In this article, we will tell you how to grow taller.
Tips & Remedies for Increasing Height
Given below are some home remedies that will help you in getting taller.
• One of the most popular ways of increasing height is through indulging in stretching exercises like pull ups. Though the results take time to be fully visible, the exercises are effective nevertheless. A person can increase his height upto 3 inches by doing these exercises.
• There are a number of asanas (postures in yoga) that help you in increasing height. One such posture is the Tadasana. In this asana, you stand straight and move your hands over your head. Thereafter, you join both the hands, in a way that your arms touch your ears, and balance your weight on your toes. Maintain the postures for 5-10 seconds and return back to the original position. Do the asana, 5 times initially and then slowly, increase the frequency. You can also do Suryanamaskar.
• Having a proper and a well balanced diet goes a long way towards increasing height. Make sure to have a diet rich in proteins, calcium, vitamins, minerals and zinc. Do not skip milk and eat lots of green vegetables. Not only will it aid you in increasing height, but will also make you healthier and stronger.
• Indulge in outdoor activities like cycling and swimming, on a regular basis. Apart from adding to your height, these activities will also help tone up your body. The result will be an enhanced overall personality and better fitness levels.
• Play games like tennis and basket ball that require you to jump a lot. This will help you in gaining a good height.
• You can also indulge in exercises like skipping and spot jumping. They help in increasing height to quite an extent.
• Having a proper and sound sleep is very essential for getting a good height. This is because when the brain is relaxed, it has a greater capability to release the growth hormones. On the other hand, a tired brain results in inactive pituitary gland, low release of growth hormones and thus, shorter height.