Saturday 18 June 2011

Leave Letter

Sample Leave Letter

Writing a leave letter to an employer is a very simple and straightforward task. It is necessary to keep the letter short and concise while stating the reason in clear terms. The tone of the letter should be formal and not casual.

In the body of the letter you should mention the exact number of days you want to be absent from work, with dates. You should be able to give the exact date of resuming work, so that the employer is clear. Reason for the leave should be stated in clear terms and it should be a valid reason.

You could also add details of all the projects that you are handling at present and the status of the same. This will give a clear idea to the employer about your work schedule and of any important deadlines. You could also state that you have handed over the projects to your colleague.

You end the letter by thanking them for considering the application and also by giving your contact numbers, if possible, for the leave period. This will help them contact you in case of emergency.

Sample Leave Letter Tip:

Leave letters are formal leave applications, written to get sanction of leave.

Leave letters are generally brief and to the point.

One must clearly state the number of days of leave required, mentioning the exact dates of leave requisitioned.

One is also expected to give a valid reason for the leave. For example, a visit to the dentist could be your reason for leave as seen in the Sample leave letter.

If your reasons are personal and cannot be specifically mentioned, you may explain as much in the letter, stating personal reasons as the cause of your leave of absence. In such circumstances, one is not expected to go into details.

Leave letters are formal letters so, the format as well as the tone and content should be suitably formal.

One must always remember to thank the addressee before formally signing off.

Sample Leave Letter

From:

Jennifer Harrison,

12/C, Park View Apartments,

Brighton.

To:

Rebecca White,

49 Richmond Street,

London.

29th September, ’08.

Dear Ms. White,

I hereby wish to apply for leave on (Monday), (6th October, ’08) as I (have an appointment with the Dentist).

I request you to kindly grant me (one day’s) casual leave for the same.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

Signature

(Jennifer Harrison)

Leave Letter Format's:

Sick leave letter

Sandra Williams,

Senior Assistant,

SyntelPro Solutions

21 January 1999.

To

Mr. Daniel Carter,

HR Manager,

SyntelPro Solutions,

Wyoming.

Dear Mr. Carter,

I am writing to you to inform to you that I may not be able to attend office for a week from now i.e., from 21 January to 27 January, as I am down with flu. I have been advised by the doctor to take plenty of bed rest for faster recovery. I regret the inconvenience caused to the firm because of my illness.

However I am glad I could meet the deadline set to me for the report of Handles Agency. I have sent it to you for your approval. I am willing to put in extra efforts to reimburse the delay at work once I am back from my sick leave.

Thanks and regards,

Sandra Williams,

Senior Assistant

Half Day Leave Letter

5th August 2010,

Mr. James,

Manager,

ABC Company Inc,

Hyderabad.

Dear Sir,

I here by wish to apply for half day leave on 6th August 2010, because I am purchasing new house regarding that I have an appointment with real estate agent. There are a lot of issues I need to discuss with the agent and it may take two to three hours to complete the meeting. The meeting has been fixed a week back and I can not ask him to postpone or cancel as it is important for me. To complete the formalities and finalize them with the owner I need to present there and its necessary.

I am requesting you to grant me a leave for half day so that I can finish my work regarding purchase of my house. I will be available on my cell phone for any queries regarding work. Please grant me a leave.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely,

John.

Parental leave letter

Christopher Young,

West Virginia

14 March 2004

To

Mrs. Clara Richards,

Class Teacher,

Upper Grand District School,

West Virginia.

Dear Mrs. Richards,

I am Christopher Young, the father of Gary Young studying in grade III from your school. The purpose of writing this letter is to intimate that yesterday i.e., 13 March, Gary met with an accident at crèche while playing with his mates. Though he is not seriously injured, the doctor has advised him to take two days off from school. He has suffered a few bruises and is more in shock than in pain.

In this regard I request you to consider his absence as leave and oblige.

Thanks and regards.

Sincerely,

Christopher Young

(F/O Gary Young,

Grade III)

Long leave letter

Patricia Thompson,

Personal Assistant,

Unicare Limited

18 April 2005

To

Mr. Anthony Hall,

Director,

Unicare Limited,

Michigan

Dear Mr. Hall,

I am writing to you to inform that I am expecting a baby in the mid week of April and will have to go on a long leave for six weeks. My doctor has asked me to go on leave as early as possible after ascertaining my medical capacity. I will duly fulfill the formalities once I am back from my leave which includes the necessary certificates.

In this concern I am planning to go on leave from the 21st of April and six weeks from then. However it might be possible that I may have to extend my leave depending upon my medical concerns if any, after the time mentioned. If this is the case, I request you to kindly consider on medical grounds.

Thanks and regards.

Sincerely,

Patricia Thompson,

Personal Assistant

Leave application Email

Gary Perez,

Michigan.

15 June 2004

To

Ms. Sharon Turner,

Michigan

Dear Ms. Turner,

I am writing to you to request you to grant me a leave for ten days starting this Friday. My daughter has been admitted in the hospital and needs to be taken care of. She has been diagnosed pneumonia and had to be admitted for further tests. Since my wife is out of town on some personal business, I am the one available to take care of her. I will report on duty as soon as she is discharged.

Kindly consider my application and oblige.

Thanks and regards,

Gary Perez

School Leave Application

Linda Martin,

Roll 12,

Grade XII

18 September 2006

To

Mr. Ronald Lee,

Class Teacher,

Alaska International School,

Alaska

Dear Mr. Lee,

I am Linda Martin and am a student of grade XII. I was sick yesterday with running temperature and stomach upset. I could not attend school for the same reason. I understand that the test conducted yesterday was of utmost importance and I apologize for not being able to take it. However if you are kind enough to conduct it again for my benefit, I would be grateful to you. If that is not possible, I will understand the concern and I am ready to forego the marks for it.

Kindly consider my request.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Linda Martin

Marriage Leave Application

Sample Marriage Leave Application


Kenneth Scott,

Chief Engineer,

Imedia Technologies

24 May 2001

To

Mrs. Lisa Hall,

Manager,

Imedia Technologies,

Minnesota

Dear Mrs. Hall,

I am Kenneth Scott and I work as the Chief Engineer with your team. I take immense pleasure in inviting you to my marriage with Clara Richards on the 9th of May. I will be sending you the personal invitation in due course of time. The actual reason is a request to you to grant me a leave of absence for a week starting from the 5th of May. Kindly treat my absence as informed leave and oblige.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Scott,

Chief Engineer

Maternity leave letter

Sarah Jones

234, Kingston Park,

New York

22nd July 2009

To,

Michael Houston,

HR Manager,

Gothic Enterprises

New York.

Dear Michael,

Re. Maternity Leave

I am writing to confirm that I am pregnant and the baby is due in 21st August 2009 and I wish to avail my maternity leave from the week starting from 6th August 2009. I have not taken any annual leave and my annual leaves are still available to me totally and I wish to add the same to my maternity leave. I have enclosed the requisite form as per the rules for your perusal and action.

I also wish to avail my full maternity allowance for the period. I shall avail full maternity leave till 5th July 2010 and want you to confirm if you accept the date of rejoining. If I wish to return to work sooner, I am aware that I have to notify you of the same. Similarly, if I am late in rejoining work due to any reason, I shall notify my reasons.

I sincerely hope to hear from you at the earliest regarding confirmation of my maternity leave and rejoining date.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah Jones
Encl. Maternity Leave form as per rules

Sample leave of absence letter

Jonas Mathews

22nd July 2009

To,

Michael Reid,

HR Manager,

Goodwill Associates

New York

Dear Michael,

Re. Leave of Absence

I am writing to confirm that I shall not be in the office for a period of one week and shall be on a leave of absence starting 30th July 2009. As you are already aware, I will be undergoing a minor surgery on 30th July 2009, which will require one week of complete rest.

I am involved in two major projects at present with Fairfield technologies and Bluestar Enterprises. I have handed over my responsibilities to my colleague Sarah Parker, who will is well versed with the projects and will handle the same without any problem. Post the initial period of two days, when I shall be under sedation and complete rest, I shall be available via phone.

I shall rejoin and resume work on 6th August 2009, as agreed.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

Jonas Mathews

Medical leave letter

Karen Nazereth,

Sutton Associates,

New York

22nd July 2009

To,

Douglas Adams,

HR manager,

Sutton Associates,

New York

Dear Mr. Adams,

Re. Medical leave of absence

I am writing to request you medical leave of absence for a period of one month starting 30th July 2009. As you are aware, I have been diagnosed as having a cyst in my uterus by the gynecologist and the only remedy for the same, is surgery, which is scheduled for the 31st of July 2009. Post surgery, I have been advised complete rest for a period of one month for total recuperation.

I expect to return to work by 1st August 2009 and resume my duties. I shall submit all documentation regarding the surgery as may be required. In case, I cannot resume office on the specified date, I assure you that I shall provide prior notification.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

Karen Nazereth

Paternity leave letter

Mattew Nichols,

Funfair Associates,

New York

22nd July 2009

To,

Michael Davidson,

HR Manager,

Funfair Associates,

New York

Dear Mr. Davidson,

Re. Paternity Leave

As you are aware my wife is pregnant and is in the final month of her pregnancy, very close to delivering our first child. I would like to apply for paternity leave starting immediately after her delivery. As this is our first child, it is not possible for me to confirm the exact date of delivery at this moment. I would like to avail two weeks of statutory paternity leave and an additional of two weeks of unpaid leave, till my parents come to stay with my wife and our child.

I shall resume work immediately after the completion of four weeks. I wish to thank you for understanding my situation and considering my application.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

Matthew Nichols

Leave request letter

Mr. Lahar Bedhari

Gangoh, Saharanpur

Uttar Pradesh 247341

July 1, 2010

Ms. Gagana Gorantla

Human Resources Officer

Water Delivery Services

Delhi Road, Saharanpur,
Uttar Pradesh 247001

Dear Mr. Gorantla,

I write this letter to request for a medical leave on August 5 since I will be having my regular full check-up. I have been experiencing persistent back pains and headaches in the past two months and I have been advised by my doctor to have a general check-up to find out what is causing the pains. I have not had such persistent pains before and he is concerned. I have attached with this letter the recommendation signed by my doctor for your reference.

I will make it a point that I will not have my leave without finishing my work for the month. I have already talked to my colleagues to inform them of my leave request and they have agreed to take additional tasks on the said date to augment for my absence.

Thank you and I hope for your positive response.

Respectfully,

Mr. Lahar Bedhari

Emergency Leave Letter

Ms. Gajna Gorawala

Human Resources Officer

Triple A Company

St. Anthony’s Road, Chembur

Mumbai – 400071

February 1, 2011

Mr. Naadir Dharwat

Professor

Mumbai School

Vile Parle (W), Mumbai – 400049

Dear Mr. Dharwat,

This is to request for an emergency leave for two days starting tomorrow. My mother met an unfortunate accident yesterday and she is currently confined at the local hospital. She needs to undergo an important operation tomorrow and I need to stay with her at the hospital to make sure that all goes well. It is very important for her that all her children be at her bedside during this operation. I know that I will not be able to concentrate on my work if I report to work on the day so it is better that I file a leave, too.

I have already informed my staff about the matter and have already given them instructions about the work that must be done in the two days that I am gone. My assistant will replace me during my absence as is her responsibility.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Ms. Gajna Gorawala

College Leave Letter

5th August 2010,

Mr. James,

Principal,

Wellington College,

Koti,

Hyderabad.

Respected Sir,

I am Michales studying Degree IInd year in your college bearing roll number 2564789.I request you to kindly grant me a leave for one week starting from 6th August to 12th August as I have to undergo a surgery to remove stones in my kidney. I have been advised complete bed rest for at least one week post the surgery on 6th August. So, I may not able to attend the college for one week after the surgery.

I have submitted all the relevant medical details to the head of the department. The operation and the total recuperation period in the hospital is estimated to be around one week. During this it is not possible to me to attend the classes. Hence I request you to grant me a leave for one week. Thank you for understanding the situation.

Yours Sincerely,

Michales.

Degree II Year

Leave Letter For Marriage

5th August 2010,

Mr. Thomas,

Project Manager,

ABC Company Inc,

Hyderabad.

Dear Sir,

I am glad to inform you that my marriage has been arranged on 5th of September, 2010. I take an immense pleasure in inviting you to my marriage. I will be sending you the personal invitation in due course of time. Hence I would to request that you grant me two days leave on 25th and 26th of Aug, in order that I may attend our engagement dinner in my home town vijayawada and another three days leave on the 2nd, 3rd and 8th of September, 2010 to attend our wedding ceremony in my husbands home town chirala.I would also like to request 20 days leave at the end of September. My husband previously studied in England and he wishes very much to take me there.

Thank you very much for your consideration of my request. I am looking forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Maya Sinha.

1 comment:

VMware Cloud Learning Video's

Here is a nice summary list of all VMworld US 2018 Breakout session with the respective video playback & download URLs. Enjoy! Bra...